Sunday, July 15, 2012

Aurora Borealis


Yesterday I received an email alert from www.aurorawatch.ca telling me a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) was heading towards earth. I decided to wait stay up late to watch for and photograph Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis. I was not disappointed. At times the lights were strong lit, as I stopped to set up for these shots the aurora was moving in waves across the night sky.
This was only the second time that I have tried to capture the aurora. I am still learning but was able to capture these images. Shooting at ISO's up to 1600, shutter speeds of up to 30 seconds at F3.5. I highly recommend giving this night photography a try!

Constellation Cassiopeia during an Aurora Borealis event.
The Big Dipper seen through a Aurora Borealis display.

No comments:

Post a Comment