Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lightning!

Last night as we traveled back home we were blessed with awesome light show. Lightning was ripping all over the sky. I knew I had to stop to try to capture the show. I have never made a serious attempt to photograph lightning. I did not have my full sized tripod but I did have a small light weight plastic tripod. So I set it up on the roof of our car. This shot was taken at ISO 800, F/9 at 13 seconds. The wind was gusty so the trees were swaying. I included the tree line for added interest and as a reference point. Not bad for my first real attempt. Remember to play it safe, the lightning here was well away from us with clear/partly cloudy skies above us. Still that is no measure of safety. Be careful when trying to capture lightning.


Lightning discharge rips across the night sky.



You only fail if you don't try!

No comments:

Post a Comment