Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Phone or camera?

We live in exciting times. Technology is leaping ahead as a revolution of new and fascinating ideas
create new instruments for unleashing our creativity. The quality of smart phone cameras leaves my head spinning. About a year ago I bought a motorola x-play phone. By far the best phone I have ever owned, and yes I have owned an iphone. The images this “phone” makes is outstanding. The detail in this shot of the Bitexco Financial building shocked me.
Bitexco Financial Tower Saigon, Vietnam
Then even this low light image produced a decent image. Use your phone to practice composition, to mark locations you want to return to for a “real” shoot or to challenge your creative eye.
Low light interior staircase

It all leaves me wondering what's next? The new mirrorless cameras are lighter, smaller and more easily transported. They are producing amazing images and are quickly becoming the camera of choice for many very talented photographers.

Next time you are out for coffee or a walk take your phone. Don't miss that shot! Take the time to experiment with your phone camera and let your creativity loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment