Thursday, June 22, 2017

Streets


My friend Elton and I regularly hit the streets of Saigon. We both love street photography and are always open to a new adventure. To be sure street photography has its challenges. With snatch and grab theft increasing here it is reassuring to have a shooting partner to watch your back. Similarly we don't need to explain to or worry about someone else (like wives and girlfriends). It's difficult for me to shoot with my wife. She does not have the passion for street photography. When two photographers get together worldly concerns get pushed away for a few hours allowing us to concentrate on our art. I always learn from Elton. As we shoot I get to see his “eye”, how he works a scene, and I get the chance to see what I miss. I rarely shoot the same scene. I prefer to let Elton have the shot as I know I will also get shots he misses. Its fun to discover after the shoot that we often shoot the same subject but differently. I believe this makes us both better street shooters. I highly recommend finding a shooting partner. It will make you a better photographer.

I love the expression on the flower lady's face. I think I surprised her and got a “peek-a-boo” image.






I met this gentleman in a neighborhood temple. What a great experience. He spoke English and I spoke Vietnamese! Two human beings connecting in a most surprising way.






This shot is an example of Elton and I shooting the same subject but with different angles, composition and post production. (color and B&W)
Checkout his images at: http://eltonb.com/

Find a friend and hit the streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment